1554 Black Ale food pairings
While there are no steadfast laws of pairing food and beer, here are a few simple tricks to toss in your beer confidence toolbox!
BASIC FOOD & BEER PAIRING GUIDELINES:
1. Use your knowledge 1554’s roasty black and chocolate malts spark instant pairing ideas.
2. Match beer strength with food strength 1554 loves BBQ! Harmonize with sweet molasses and spicy, peppery, roasted, smoky notes.
3. Consider the contrast elements Sweet, creamy, mouth-coating ice cream contrasts those bitter, roasted, smoky malt notes. The lively carbonation of this lager cuts the cream from your pallet, leaving you ready for the next bite!
4. Seasonality and cooking techniques Grill meats and fresh veggies in the summer. Do an all day crock pot roast or stew in the winter.
5. Be creative and have FUN!
Édel de Cléron: Bark-wrapped soft ripened cheese imparts a woodsy flavor that showcases 1554’s smokiness.
Gouda Goat Milk: Butterscotch notes in this cheese brings out those subtle caramel malt notes in 1554’s grain bill.
Roquefort Blue: Intensely salty blue cheeses are enhanced by flavors from 1554’s dark malts.
Marinade, baste, and slather on 1554 as a cooking ingredient. It’ll kick any pairing up a knotch. Try your own Beer Braised Pork Belly or competition worthy 1554 Beef Brisket.
Scream for Beer and Ice Cream!
1554 Ale Ice Cream with salted caramel
Vanilla bean 1554 beer float
Double dark chocolate with dark chocolate flakes