Lamb Gyro Meatballs with Yogurt, Mint & Tabouli
LAMB GYRO MEATBALLS with YOGURT and MINT and TABOULI
Lamb Gyro Recipe
• 1 pound ground lamb
• 1/4 cup golden raisins, chopped
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• kosher salt and pepper
• 1/2 cup bread crumbs
• 1 large egg, beaten
• 1 bunch scallions (white and light green parts), sliced
• 4 pieces flat bread
• 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
• 2 tablespoons fresh mint
• Feta Cheese
• Place an oven rack in the second-highest position and heat broiler.
• Combine the lamb, raisins, cinnamon, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, bread crumbs, egg, and ¾ of the scallions in a large bowl.
• Shape into golf ball-size meatballs and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil, turning once, until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
• Divide the flat bread among individual plates and top with the meatballs, yogurt, mint, and remaining scallions.
These lamb gyro meatballs are prepared with cinnamon and golden raisins. The char of the meatball pairs great with the dark, roasty malts in this Cascara Quad, while the spicy sweetness of the cinnamon and raisins brings out the Belgian candy and date sugars. The higher alcohol of the Quad gives its finish a sweet boozy warmth. The yogurt and mint in the gyro, as well as the cucumber in the tabouli, provide a cooling effect which compliments the beer’s sweet heat, inviting you to go back and forth from beer to food all meal long!