Fat Tire is giving you the chance to bike the world in spectacular New Zealand. Two winners, each with a guest, will shape their own New Zealand adventure. Its stunning beauty and geographically diverse landscape make New Zealand one of the premier cycling travel destinations in the world, and our friends at Yonder Journal, some of the best cycling guides in the world, are well equipped to make this trip unforgettable.
Entry is simple: Look for specially marked Fat Tire Belgian Style Ale 12 packs wherever you buy beer, create or log in with your New Belgium Grand Cru account, enter the codes found on the underside of your bottle caps, and cross your fingers (and toes)!
Online entries concluded at midnight MST on September 30th. Thanks for playing!
By clicking to Log in or Register, you agree to be bound by the Complete Official Rules set forth below (click to expand ).
Complete Official Rules for Bike the World Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED TO ENTER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The New Belgium Brewing Bike the World Sweepstakes (“Promotion”) is offered and open only to legal residents of the 50 United States or DC who are age 21 or older at time of entry. Void in all other jurisdictions and where prohibited. Employees, officers and directors of New Belgium Brewing Company (“Sponsor”), and those entities involved in the preparation of materials and/or administration of this Promotion (collectively referred to herein as the “Promotion Entities”), suppliers, distributors, or retailers of alcohol-beverage products, and their immediate family members (spouse, siblings, children and parents) and those living in the same household as such individuals (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion starts on or about 12:01 Mountain Time (“MT”) on May 28, 2018 and ends on or about 11:59:59 pm MT on September 30, 2018 (“Promotion Period”). All time referenced herein is Mountain Time. Sponsor’s clock is the official time keeping device for the Promotion. Entrants may only enter once during the Promotion Period.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are two ways to enter this Promotion. Code Method: To enter, visit www.newbelgium.com/biketheworld via the internet, then via the prompt either log on to your newbelgium.com user account or create a newbelgium.com user account, then fill out and submit the sweepstakes entry form and enter a valid code. Codes are unique and may only be used once. Entrants may obtain valid codes by looking under the bottle caps of New Belgium New Belgium Fat Tire Belgian-Style Ale located in specially marked 12-pack bottle packages at participating retail accounts. Limit one (1) newbelgium.com user account per person. Limit twelve (12) code entries per newbelgium.com user account per day. Each code entered will be considered a separate entry. All entries must be received during the Promotion Period. Mail-in Method: To enter without purchase, legibly hand-print your first and last name, street address, state, city, ZIP code, email address, daytime telephone number and birthdate on a plain piece of white paper, sign your name on the paper in ink, and mail it postage prepaid to: New Belgium Bike the World Sweepstakes, New Belgium Brewing Company, Attn: Fulfillment, 500 Linden Street, Fort Collins, CO 80524, postmarked on or before September 30, 2018 for receipt by October 5, 2018. By submitting a mail-in entry with your signature, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Twelve (12) codes will be assigned and entered by Sponsor or its representative on your behalf. Limit 12 entries per outer mailing envelope. Copies or mechanical reproductions of requests will not be accepted.
All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries may not infringe or violate the rights of any third party. Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, postage due or illegible entries, requests for codes, or delivery of codes; nor for any computer, telephone, cable network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt, or jumbled transmissions; nor service provider, Internet, Web site, user net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or any technical error; nor for unauthorized human intervention, human error, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information; nor for the failure to capture any such information.
4. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Limit twelve (12) entries per person per day, regardless of the method of entry. A “day” is defined as 12:00:01 a.m. MT through 11:59:59 p.m. MT. More than twelve (12) entries per day from the same person will be disqualified. Any attempt by any person to obtain more than twelve (12) entries per day by using multiple/different physical addresses, email addresses, identities, registrations, or any other methods will void that person’s eligibility and he/she may be disqualified from this Promotion or any current or future promotions offered by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Use of any automated system, software applications that enable users to create multiple accounts and/or temporary accounts to participate in this Promotion or to redeem prizes is prohibited and may result in disqualification from this Promotion and any current or future promotions offered by the Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the “Authorized Account Holder” of the phone number or email address associated with the account at time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The Authorized Account Holder is the natural person assigned a phone number or email address by the wireless telecommunications carrier, phone service provider, Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning phone numbers or email addresses. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an Authorized Account Holder. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to refuse, disqualify, or withdraw entries and/or Entrants at any time during the Promotion.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS/NOTIFICATION: Sponsor will conduct random drawings on or about October 6, 2018, from all eligible entries received, to select two (2) Grand Prize winners and fifty (50) First Prize winners. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received for each prize. Potential winners will be contacted by email or telephone approximately 1 to 10 business days after the drawing. You are not a winner until Sponsor has verified your eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Potential prize winners and, if applicable, their guests may be required to complete, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and, where legal, Publicity Release within seven (7) calendar days of notification or attempted notification. Sponsor will make one attempt to notify potential winner, who will have forty-eight (48) hours to respond. If (a) Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner; (b) a potential winner fails to respond to a notification attempt within forty-eight (48) hours; (c) a potential winner fails to timely return or properly complete the above described release documents; (d) a prize notification or any prize is returned as non-deliverable; or (e) a potential winner is not eligible or does not comply with these Official Rules, prize forfeiture will result and an alternate potential winner may be selected. If a winner for any prize cannot be confirmed within sixty (60) days of the draw date, then the prize will not be awarded.
6. PRIZE(S) AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV):
Grand Prize (2):
Each Grand Prize consists of a trip to New Zealand for the winner and one (1) eligible guest on a date to be determined by Sponsor, projected to be sometime between December 2018 and March 2019, and includes the following:
two (2) economy class round-trip airfares from winner’s nearest major home airport to an airport in New Zealand selected by Sponsor (transportation to/from winner’s home airport and any baggage and customs fees are all winner’s responsibility);
single room, double occupancy accommodation for a minimum of five (5) consecutive nights in New Zealand at location selected by Sponsor;
a guided tour in New Zealand for the winner and eligible guest, details to be determined by Sponsor;
one (1) $500 Visa gift card for food, drink and incidentals during stay in New Zealand; and
ground transportation from/to the New Zealand airport to/from the New Zealand hotel.
Approximate Retail Value of each Grand Prize: $10,000. Actual value depends on city/day/time of flight departures.
First Prize (50):
Each First Prize consists of one (1) New Belgium branded bike. Approximate Retail Value of each First Prize: $500.
Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No substitution or transfer of prizes will be permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All federal, state and local taxes and other fees associated with prize receipt and use are the sole responsibility of the winner. For First Prizes, the prize will be mailed within sixty (60) days after the end of the Promotion Period, to the address provided by winner at time of prize acceptance. First Prizes may be mailed unassembled to winner, and winner is solely responsible for assembling or arranging for the assembly of prize upon receipt.
This paragraph is applicable to the Grand Prize packages. Winner and guest must travel on same itinerary and on the dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner if time permits. Winner and guest must comply with all travel requirements, including, but not limited to, presenting necessary identification at time of travel. Guests are subject to the eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules, and Sponsor may exclude any ineligible guest in its sole discretion. All potential guests will be required to execute and deliver an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and, where legal, Publicity Release within seven (7) calendar days after the winner receives final confirmation. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. Any costs incurred due to changes in original itinerary are winner’s responsibility. Prize/itineraries will be delivered to winners approximately thirty (30) days after the end of the Promotion Period and verification/confirmation of winners, either by mail, private delivery service, or in-person immediately prior to the event for which the tickets are valid, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner agrees that the prize is awarded pursuant to a revocable, nontransferable license personal to that applicable winner. Winner agrees not to sell, resell, auction, barter, assign, exchange, place in commerce, transfer, give away, donate, or otherwise convey any received prize. A violation of these restrictions shall revoke that winner’s license, and the prize will not be honored. Any difference between approximate value and actual value of the prize or any element thereof will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. All expenses, travel, and other costs not expressly stated in the respective package description above are the sole responsibility of winner.
7. GENERAL: By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Failure to timely return or properly complete release documents (as described herein), or if a prize notification or any prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if potential winner is not eligible or does not comply with these Official Rules prize forfeiture will result and an alternate potential winner may be selected. BY PARTICIPATING, PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR, PROMOTION ENTITIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL ALLEGED AND/OR ACTUAL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, SETTLEMENTS (WHETHER OR NOT LITIGATION IS COMMENCED), LIABILITIES AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER EXISTING NOW OR ARISING IN THE FUTURE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, BODILY INJURY, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, DISABILITY AND PROPERTY DAMAGE), COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, COURT COSTS, SETTLEMENT AND DISBURSEMENTS) DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING NOW OR IN THE FUTURE IN WHOLE OR IN PART OUT OF ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES/PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY, ACCESS TO WEB SITE, AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION. By entering and/or accepting a prize, participants and/or winners hereby consent, where lawful, to the use by Sponsor (and its authorized third parties) of their name, hometown, and/or biographical information in any and all media now known or hereafter developed worldwide, and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without additional compensation, and without the right of review, notification or approval.
Promotion Entities are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading materials from or use of any web site. Codes are null and void and will be rejected if obtained outside authorized, legitimate channels; if counterfeited, damaged, illegible, or tampered with in any way; or if they contain printing, production, or typographical errors. Liability for any code containing printing, production, typographical, mechanical, or other errors is limited to replacement with another code, while supplies last. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Sponsor deems, in its sole opinion, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or any part thereof and select the winner from entries received prior to the action or as otherwise may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Promotion Entities shall not be liable to winner or any other person for failure to execute the Promotion, or supply a Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any act of God, any action(s), regulation(s) order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any similar or dissimilar event beyond their reasonable control.
In no event will Promotion Entities, their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, their advertising or promotion agencies and/or all their respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives and agents, be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of participation in the Promotion, Promotion/Prize related activities, access to, and use of, any participating internet site(s) or the downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from said site(s). Without limiting the foregoing, Prizes and everything on said site(s) are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non- infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties.
THIS PROMOTION IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF COLORADO WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Promotion, participant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or the prizes awarded shall be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, and that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court in Colorado having jurisdiction. Further, in such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out of pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Promotion), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
9. WINNERS LIST: For the names of prize winners, mail a self-addressed, U.S. postage stamped envelope, to: New Belgium Bike the World Sweepstakes, New Belgium Brewing Company, 500 Linden Street, Fort Collins, CO 80524, for receipt by November 6, 2018.
New Belgium Brewing Company, Fort Collins, CO 80524. BEER