HAPPY NEW YEAR!
2013 is going to be a big one for beers and stuff. Some very major New Belgium things are in the pipeline. Let's take a minute and call out a few facts and a few rumors...
Facts (these are things I know to be true)-
1. A collaboration beer with Dieu du Ciel! of Montreal is headed our way soon. This is a wonderful thing. It's a heavenly tripel with feijoa and hibiscus. Feijoa is a (probably) tropical fruit that's very strange (and worldly). Peter (our brewmaster) has wanted to make a beer with it for some years. And Dieu du Ciel! is famous for brewing with hibiscus. BOOM!
2. Transatlantique Kriek is making a comeback. Brouwerji Boon has sent us a whole mess of his Kriekenlambiek, and we have brewed the accompanying beer, and the two are blended (or, almost blended). These bottles should hit shelves in a month to six weeks. Get very excited because this beer is the tops, like all the way at the top of the tops!
3. Springboard is coming back! Springboard was the spring seasonal a few years back (07-08), brewed with schisandra and goji berries. It was a major crowd pleaser, and I am very excited about it's return... Springboard is coming back in the Folly Pack only. No sixers, etc... You are going to have to buy the mix pack to score yourself some, and you should try to score yourself some.
Rumors (these are things that I have heard to be true)-
1. The 2013 vintage of La Folie is really good.
2. More throwback beers may/may not be hitting Folly Packs through the year.
3. We're switching to Google+ as a platform for our Beer Streams.
4. An Imperial IPA is in the works...
5. I am constructing a giant carpet slide to serve as my main commuting option (it will be open to the public, if you want to come over to my house).
6. We are adding two more U.S. states to our distribution footprint (one is very cold, one is very warm (maybe)).
So there it is, some tale of coming news. Welcome to the future friends...
Sorry, we no longer support IE. Some of our site features may not work properly. Our site is best experienced in one of the following browsers:
Join now and be the first to know
We wish you could hang out with us at the brewery all the time,
but if you can’t, sign up for our emails so you never miss exclusive
updates about new and limited releases, events, and more.