We've got some big news today that we're all pretty excited about here at New Belgium.
To celebrate our 25th anniversary and 25 years of Fat Tire, we reached out to collaboration partners who were long time friends and innovative brewers and asked them to create their own take on Fat Tire. The result is a mixed 12 pack that will drop this summer. Here's a peak at who we're working with, and what they're brewing:
- Allagash Brewing is producing a version of Fat Tire using a Belgian yeast sourced form the Poperings region and a touch of the Allagash house Brettanomyces – expect notes of stone fruit, sweet tart and peppercorn.
- Avery Brewing will focus on a fruitier hop bill also with a dose of brett evoking notes of apricot and pineapple.
- Firestone Walker Brewing is creating a west coast interpretation of Fat Tire with an assertive hop profile and a light lager yeast.
- Hopworks Urban Brewery (HUB) is creating a tart Fat Tire bringing in apple and lactobacillus to help highlight that beautiful green apple snap inherent to the original Fat Tire.
- Rhinegeist has transformed Fat Tire into a Belgian XPA, combining a fruity Belgian yeast strain with bready-sweet European and Colorado malts for a beer to please hopheads and wine drinkers alike.
Mixed 12 packs will feature two New Belgium original Fat Tire Amber Ales plus two of each interpretation beer. The beer will release mid-June, prior to our 25th anniversary, which is officially on June 28th. We're also throwing a party at our new brewery in Asheville on August 27th to celebrate that facility’s grand opening as well as 25 years of brewing innovation and good times.